Sometimes we feel hard to believe in ourselves, even when we know we are on right track. We feel something is lacking and we lose our confidence. But, self belief is something that can be developed and rebuilt if lost.
“Don’t let others tell you what you can’t do. Don’t let the limitations of others limit your vision. If you can remove your self-doubt and believe in yourself, you can achieve what you never thought possible”
Learning how to believe in yourself will open up endless possibilities in your life. Here are some tips that i have personally worked on to restore my self belief-
- Set Expectations and know your values in Life
Your beliefs, in turn, determine the third ring of your personality, your expectations.
- Face Your Fears — One effective way to develop self-belief is by facing your fears.
- Address Your Inner Critic is crucial because until you do, you may keep undermining your abilities and settling for less than you deserve
- Be Prepared to Win — Before you take a step towards your goals and aspirations, make sure you are all set up to win.
- Do ‘hero training’ — Hero training is a great way to increase your own self belief. Think of a situation in which lack of self belief holds you back, and act like what your hero (leader, ideal) will do in such situation.
- Encourage Others — Do you know that encouraging others can change your mindset about success?
- Attitude: Expect Good Things To Happen
Keep a positive attitude towards the things happening, think it as a step towards your goal.
- Flip a weakness into a strength — Take any negative belief you have about yourself and creatively flip it so that it becomes, in its place, a positive resource
Self belief gives you the freedom to make mistakes and cope with setbacks by seeing them for what they are: temporary setbacks, not the end of the world. And something else you’ll notice: As your self belief grows, people around you start to believe in you more, too. Because it really isn’t the feather — it’s you.
Image source — Google